TaylorMade – adidas
Global Head – Digital & eCommerce | 2008 – 2011
TaylorMade – adidas Golf saw a major opportunity to increase market share, improve margins and begin to own the conversation with consumers, by enabling DTC sales and marketing channels.
While dong this, TaylorMade also needed to minimize channel conflict with key retailers, such as Dick’s, Golf Galaxy, as well as the 100’s of pro shops around the country.
As global head of eCommerce and Digital Marketing, I led the strategy and full execution of the following:
- Strategy – Defined DTC go-to-market strategy with sales and marketing leadership, ensuring to mitigate channel conflict with key retailers. Led global eCommerce commercial and technical roadmaps. Led omni-channel strategy, including retail digital signage programs. Introduced TaylorMade Pre-Owned program online.
- Operations – Full CapEx, OpEx and EBITDA P&L responsibility. Aligned with Finance and Product teams on inventory planning. Led global interactive operations, digital agency and 3rd party service providers relationships. Provided best practices and leadership to Digital teams across Canada, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Conversion – Led redesign of three independent global brand websites for TaylorMade, adidas Golf, and Ashworth Golf. Managed all ecommerce merchandising and overall look & feel. Created online customer service team with email and chat support.
- Acquisition – Led online advertising, SEM, SEO. Drove integrated DTC social media strategy.
- Retention – Led eCRM and customer lifetime value initiatives to help drive sustained grown.
- YOY sales increased 130% across DTC and B2B
- Average order values +50%
- Conversion rates +70%
- Customer acquisition totals by 150%