SVP – Marketing, Digital & eCom | 2011 – 2012
For over 75 years, Altec Lansing has been an industry leader globally in consumer electronics and professional audio.
Altec Lansing underwent a complete brand and product restart in 2011, after being purchased by a PE firm. With a new up-market, digital product strategy competing with Sonos, the leadership team saw great opportunity to shift consumer sales and marketing to digital.
As global head of eCommerce and Digital Marketing, I led the strategy and full execution of the following:
- Strategy – Led rebranding ideation, definition of brand messaging and repositioning within the consumer electronics market. Designed global go-to-market strategy across Retail, DTC and customer service.
- Operations – Created detailed P&L management process with clear gross sales, margin and EBITDA targets. Managed US and European operations across eCommerce, branding, messaging, advertising, creative, photography, video, social media, POS displays, packaging, and consumer-facing customer service teams. Established and aligned on KPIs across all marketing, eCommerce and Customer Service efforts.
- Acquisition – Optimized display and search media spend and audience targeting. Activated consumer engagement via social channels and direct-response email programs. Drove new online partner relationships that drove significant consumer acquisition, expanded brand awareness and net new sales.
- Conversion – Introduced promotional bundles, up-sells, cross-sells, helping to drive conversion rates.
- Retention – Revamped all internal customer service processes and systems.
- Increased YOY DTC sales by 150%
- Reduced DTC operational costs by ~50%
- Improving customer satisfaction scores from 50% to 90%