Co-founder & VP Digital | 2004 – 2006
Betabrand, founded by Chris Lindland, started with the vision of bringing unique, interesting and often times humorous fashion to the mainstream. Over the course of 16 years, the brand has evolved into a high-quality, fit-for-purpose athleisure wear destination.
The original goal, when I joined Betabrand as a co-founder, was simply to get it off the ground. Being entirely self-funded in the beginning, driving new customer acquisition was purely about growth hacking.
- Acquisition – Focused on creating viral content generated by customers. Created online community to turn our consumers into online ambassadors. Implemented clever way for users to submit a photo and receive a “unique” homepage link that would showcase their photo on the homepage. The acquisition strategy was based on lots of low-cost, creative ways to get customers to “share” photos via social.
- Conversion – Focused on site enhancements to simplify shopping and checkout.
- Retention – Implemented direct marketing programs.
- Increased site traffic +250% YOY
- Conversion rates +75% YOY
- Average order values by +100% YOY