Consultant & Chief Digital Officer AAXIS | 2012 – 2018
Visionworks had recently hired a new CEO who understood the power of digital. As part of a broader omni-channel strategy, the CEO sponsored a DTC initiative to dramatically improve eCommerce conversion rates. With website traffic being well above the industry average, a conversion rate improvement was key to unlocking online revenue.
Working with Visionworks’ US VP of eCommerce, I led the strategy and full execution of the following:
- User experience redesign across site navigation, flows for selecting custom glasses, add-to-cart functionality and checkout.
- Performed advanced analytics tagging to create a super-granular level of insight into page level user behavior and site abandonment analysis.
- Used a data-driven approach to understand visitor intent, how users were navigating through the site and either finding or not find the information they needed.
- Identified key UX improvement opportunities, analyzing page-level user interactions, from the homepage to checkout.
- YOY DTC sales and conversion rates up, due to product page and shopping cart improvements.
- Cart abandonment dropped significantly.