Consultant & Chief Digital Officer AAXIS | 2012 – 2018
Visionworks had recently hired a new CEO who understood the power of digital. As part of a broader omni-channel strategy, the CEO sponsored a DTC initiative to dramatically improve eCommerce conversion rates and eCommerce renewal rates for contact lenses. With website traffic being well above the industry average, conversion and renewal rate improvements were key to unlocking online revenue.
Working with Visionworks’ US VP of eCommerce, I led the strategy and full execution of the following:
- User experience redesign across site navigation, flows for selecting custom glasses, add-to-cart functionality and checkout.
- Performed advanced analytics tagging to create a super-granular level of insight into page level user behavior and site abandonment analysis.
- Used a data-driven approach to understand visitor intent, how users were navigating through the site and either finding or not find the information they needed.
- Identified key UX improvement opportunities, analyzing page-level user interactions, from the homepage to checkout.
- Led consumer data strategy to drive automated “renewal marketing campaigns”.
- YOY DTC sales and conversion rates up, due to product page and shopping cart improvements.
- Cart abandonment dropped significantly.
- CLV up significantly, due to higher renewals and more frequent prescription refills for contacts.